Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Author Interview:Red Madrassa by Terah Edun



Thank you Sue for inviting me to post on Books, Books, the Magical Fruit!

Hello Readers – I’m a Young Adult Fantasy Writer and Reader. I wanted to do something different with this post and so I thought I’d answer three questions, post two books I’m dying to read and give you a sneak peak into my newest release – Sworn to Raise!

THREE Questions to Answer

You run into a bookstore, where do you go first?

Straight to the pretty cover section where all the new releases are – I love seeing books by Stephen King right next to Dan Brown and Stephanie Meyer. After I’ve ogled the new, bestseller releases I head to the fantasy section for a reunion with my favorite authors.

What are your top five favorite authors? List the ones closest to your own writing!
My own writing? Then it would definitely be Tamora Pierce, Mercedes Lackey, Maria Snyder, Kristin Cashore and Cinda Williams Chima.

State 5 random facts about yourself.

I hate horror films.
I live in East Africa, but I was raised in the U.S.
I’ve studied Spanish, German, French, Arabic and ASL.
I’m a fan of Revenge, Grimm and Scandal.
I dream of owning a Great Pyrenees and a Bernese Mountain Dog at the same time.

Where you can find author Terah Edun:

Facebook

Goodreads

Website

TWO 2013 Books I’m Dying to Read

STAR CURSED (THE CAHILL WITCH CHRONICLES #2) BY JESSICA SPOTSWOOD
Release Date: June 18, 2013



PRODIGY (LEGEND #2) BY MARIE LU
Release Date: January 29, 2013



ONE New Release By Terah Edun

Sworn to Raise - Coming March 15, 2013




Summary:

Seventeen-year-old Ciardis has grown up in poverty, a cleaner in a small vale on the outskirts of the kingdom. But beneath her kingdom’s seemingly idyllic surface lies a hidden secret. Whispers of an inept crown Prince are growing ever louder—intensified by the five year anniversary of the soulbond initiations.

Amidst scandalous whispers, Ciardis finds herself chosen to train for the Companion’s Guild. She leaves her home and sets off on a personal journey to become a Court Companion. A position she’d never thought possible for a lowly servant to obtain, she must prove that she has the skills to attract a Patron.

But she must master those skills quickly. If the legends are true, only Ciardis can harness the power to raise a Prince in an Imperial Court sworn to bring him down.

This sensational series debut melds intricate storylines with remarkable characters and unforgettable magic. Sworn To Raise is ideal for fans of Kristin Cashore, Michelle Sagara, and Maria Snyder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think