Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Author Interview: The Littlefield Chronicles - The Gift by Tegon Maus



Little Blurb about yourself: What can I say that wouldn’t sound boring ? My wife and I have been together for 43 years... and marriage changes you.  When I first met my wife I was 6’ – 3”, 185 lbs, blond, blue eyes and spoke with a Swedish accent... now 43 years later I’m 5’ – 6,” a little over weight, my green eyes now take glasses... she wore me down.

1. Who or what inspired you to become a writer?  I would have to credit my wife. She and I belonged to a dream interruption group in the 80’s... you know... Sunday morning brunch, good friends, a little champion and hours spent talking about what dreams we had that week. We all wrote them down so we could remember them.  I like to exaggerate so mine were always the last and in my opinion... and the funniest. It took hours and hours.

2. How long did it take you to write The Gift – The Chronicles of Tucker Littlefield? I usually start with the title because I write 3 or 4 stories at a time... when I run out of ideas for one I can switch to another for a while. As a rule it takes me about a year to write a story.

3. While writing how many times do you go back and rewrite a plot? I try not to... I like to go from start to finish changing things as I go along. I write it and my computer reads it back to me so I can listen for glitches and tell if it sounds like what I have in my head.

4. You run into a bookstore, where do you go first? The Sci-Fi section every time. I like to look at the covers and read the titles. I always look for page 103 in each... it’s the page they always leave a deliberate mistake so they can tell if it has been copied from their files without their permission... its kind of a Sci-Fi where’s Waldo ?? When I get tired of that then I go straight for gardening.

5. How many books in a month do you tend to read? I try not to read too many at all.  I don’t want it in my head... if I come up with a great idea or character I’d like to think it’s mine not something I read late at night.

6. In all the books you've read. Who is your most favorite character and why? How do you chose ?  Depends on my mood I guess. I read a lot of Asimov as a kid... I Robot.  I built many of them and have an affinity for machines because of it I guess but the one that sticks with me the most... EE ‘Doc’ Smith – The Lensmen Series, the hero is strapped to a table, beaten, tortured and left for dead. He mind melds with a worm to free himself... got to love a guy like that and it was written in 1937 by a scientist.  Now that’s cool.

7. State 5 random facts about yourself.  I am very private, I have trouble with large numbers of people... 4 or more. My mind wonders a lot, I live in my head far more than anyone should. I think chocolate is the only food that fits all five food groups... no questions asked.

8. Your favorite Genre?  Sci-Fi hands down. Its always about the future... how far can we go ?  What are the limits ?  What is out there to stop us ?  Not a thing I can think of and that is wild to me.

9. What are you currently reading?    I just finished 100 Thousand Kingdoms.

10. What is the best book you've read?  Mine of course !   Just kidding I would have to go with EE ‘Doc’ Smith the Lensmen Series.

11. Any new projects coming up?  Oh, Yes.  My Sci-Fi Novel  Machines of the Little People will be out by the end of March !  I have a pic of the cover attached... just in case.


Blurb

Transformed by a primitive magic beyond a civilized man's understanding, I was given a horrible gift that no man should possess... It held me, twisted me, turning me at its bidding. I was enslaved by its power, compelled to devour the souls of the dead until I became the monster of my fears. I have seen things I wish never to see again. I have done things of which I wish never to speak. Yet I must if I am to find the answers to fulfill my hope. I have walked upon blue ribbons of molten stone to peer into the depth of a man's soul. I watched as a promise made at birth brought my friend Enon to sacrifice everything to become whole again - all in an effort to save the life of his child. I have cried without shame for the loss of all I hold dear and for fear that the future will hold more than I can bear. I am Tucker Littlefield. Know all that I say now is true-spoken.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tegon-Maus/150255051766767

Website: http://www.tegonmaus.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think